The Republican National Party of Virginia has an internship opportunity for students, which may be used as an elective field credit (must meet MLWGS course book requirements), for community service hours, or simply for the experience itself. Interested students should consider:
- As an internship, most hours would need to be completed immediately after work since their office closes at 5:30 pm; however, during campaign season there may also be opportunities to work on projects after 5:30 and/or on weekends.
- Potential work may include operations management, campaigning, fundraising and communications including web design and audio/visual projects. Other projects/events/activities may be available as well, but would count more toward community service hours as opposed to an actual part of an internship.
The Democratic Party of Virginia has an internship opportunity for students, which may be used as an elective field credit (must meet MLWGS course book requirements), for community service hours, or simply for the experience itself. Interested students should consider:
- Requires a commitment of 12 hours per week (mostly evenings and/or weekends) until election time.
- Potential work involves voter contact, volunteer recruitment, data & systems management, donor research, and/or event building/staffing, training on NGP (current finance and research database used by the Democratic Party).
- Benefits of this opportunity include the ability to gain valuable skills and training working with a professional grassroots coordinated campaign. Staffers will assist the intern in any way possible in receiving school internship or service credit. All internships are unpaid.
MLWGS does not endorse any political, religious or social organization. The intent of this announcement is to provide opportunities to MLWGS students that are in accordance with the mission and vision of the school.
For More Information on these internships, contact Sharon Parker at email@example.com