Thank you to all the Green Dragon parents and students who have signed up and are assisting with middle school information sessions. We now need volunteers for only eight more sessions listed below as well as for the two open houses at Maggie Walker. We need several current Maggie Walker students and parents present to answer questions from prospective students and parents.
We ask parents and students to sign up for those sessions which match the region or district for the middle school which the students attended. You do not have to be a middle school alum (or alum parent) of a particular school to help with a given session.
Please contact Ms. Pat Taylor’s assistant, Megan Marcinkevich (firstname.lastname@example.org), or call her at 354-6800 ext. 2111 for more information and to sign up. Students will receive two hours of community service for helping with these information sessions. Thank you for all your help!
1. Salem MS (Chesterfield): Monday. October 19, 7 pm: need students and parents
2. Bailey Bridge MS (Chesterfield): Wednesday, October 21, 7 pm: need both
3. Falling Creek MS (Chesterfield): Thursday, October 22, 6 pm: need parents
4. Wilder MS (Henrico): Tuesday, October 27, 7 pm: need both
5. Rolfe MS (Henrico) High school Fair: Wed, October 28, 7 pm: need both
6. Matoaca MS (Chesterfield): Thursday, October 29, 6 pm: need parents
7. Maggie Walker Governor’s School open house: Wed, November 4, 6.30 pm: need parents and students from Goochland, Hanover, Henrico, King and Queen, New Kent, and West Point
8. Maggie Walker Governor’s School open house: Thursday, November 5, 6.30 pm: need parents and students from Charles City, Chesterfield, Petersburg, Powhatan, Prince George, and Richmond