Show your Governor's School pride on November 12th by cheering on runners during the SunTrust Richmond Marathon/McDonald's Half Marathon as part of the Governor's School Community Spirit Group.
Located on the steps of Maggie Walker, we as an entire Governor's School community (alumni, students, parents, faculty and staff) will be encouraging racers as they forge on towards the finish line at Mile 24 of the full marathon and Mile 11 of the half. Help root for runners, earn community service hours, and get to know the alumni community all at the same time!
Please sign up to volunteer here: Richmond Marathon Volunteering
- Who: Governor's School Alumni & MLWGS Community
- What: Cheer on runners as part of the Community Spirit Group
- Where: Lombardy Street, near the steps of Maggie Walker
- When: Saturday, November 12, 2011
- Spirit Group A: 8:30am - 10:30am
- Spirit Group B: 10:30am - 12:30pm
- Spirit Group C: 12:30pm - 2:30pm
For further details or questions, please contact Khiem Tran ('06), Community Outreach Chair of the Governor's School Alumni - Richmond Chapter, at SodaCan852@gmail.
com or at