"Illluminate," the tenth annual Night of the Dragon, was a shining success! We raised over $69,000, all of which will directly benefit students through the sponsoring booster groups and organizations.
Night of the Dragon requires the direct efforts of over 125 people, and all play an important part in the success of this event.
In particular, we express our sincere appreciation to:
- Event co-chairs, Karen Akens, Terri Clifton, Melissa Shaw, Julie May & Susan King helped guide the efforts of our largest planning committee yet! These four co-chairs, along with the 28 planning committee members have worked tirelessly since last September to make this event happen.
- Committee members Elaine Hamilton, Patti Zeevi, Karen Kasprzak, Helen Kuno, Katherine Olson, Kathleen Fulton, David Henderson, Carolyn Dean, Kristin Whelan, Trish Molver, Diann Liptak, Tracey Moody, Laura Carr, Lisa Miles, Michelle Oppenheim, Laura O'Brien, Jennifer Roach, Susan Prizzia, Sharon Soldan, Aimie Jones, Jane Scheibe, Gina Miller & Lisa Hatcher Byles, Trish Sigler, Barbara Hurlbert, Fran Withrow, Faith Bohnke & Terri Purcell.
- Day/evening-of volunteers included an army of students in addition to over 30 parents and faculty members who assisted with everything from set-up to clean-up and all that goes on in between.
- Special thanks to the Faculty Lounge Lizards for providing entertainment; and to the staff of the Fine Arts department for coordinating the student entertainment and for assisting with set-up.
- MLWGS staff offered continued support, especially Valenta Williams, Portia Chan, Hal Waller and the Governor's Schoool Foundation office volunteers who assisted with many aspects of the auction.
- Generous donors, including MLWGS students and staff, and businesses in the community who provided over 350 items to be auctioned (donors are listed in the auction program).
- The 401 attendees and buyers, whose financial support makes this evening a success.
- And last, but certainly not least, our Vendor and Corporate Sponsors, who make this event a possibility!