"The Enchanted Forest," the eleventh annual Night of the Dragon, was a shining success. MLWGS raised over $70,000, all of which will directly benefit students through the sponsoring booster groups and organizations.
Night of the Dragon requires the direct efforts of over 125 people, and all play an important part in the success of this event. Sincere appreciation goes to the following supporters:
- Event co-chairs, Karen Akens, Terri Clifton, Melissa Shaw, & Susan King along with their fabulous planning committee have worked tirelessly since last September to make this event happen.
- Committee members Eric Rhoades, Patti Zeevi, Helen Kuno, Kathleen Fulton, David Henderson, Carolyn Dean, Trish Molver, Diann Liptak, Lee Costic, Tracey Moody, Laura Carr, Lisa Miles, Michelle Oppenheim, Laura O'Brien, Susan Prizzia, Sharon Soldan, Aimie Jones, Kathy Greatwood, Jana Ernst, Gina Duncan, Julie Sidharta, Cara Metz, Erica Mindes, Swati Jantrania, Tina Rhoades, Barbara Hurlbert & Cathy Temple.
- Day/evening-of volunteers included an army of students in addition to twenty-two parents who assisted with everything from set-up to check-out and all that goes on in between.
- Alumni parent Bart Mebane for the development and ongoing support of the auction management software.
- Special thanks to the Faculty Lounge Lizards and Andrew Morton for providing entertainment.
- MLWGS staff offered continued support, especially Valenta Williams, Portia Chan, Eva Boegner, Hal Waller, and the Governor's Schoool Foundation office volunteers who assisted with many aspects of the auction.
- Generous donors, including MLWGS students and staff, and businesses in the community who provided over 375 items to be auctioned (donors are listed in the auction program).
- The 365 parent, grandparent, and community member attendees and buyers, whose financial support makes this evening a success.
- And last, but certainly not least, the Vendor and Corporate Sponsors, who make this event a success:
Mark your calendars and save the date for next year's event: February 22, 2014!