Next Steps for Seniors – CONGRATULATIONS!
And HERE is the baccalaureate video celebrating the Class of 2021, created by Volunteer of the Year Julie Hendricks.
Congrats (and THANKS!) to Class of '22 Parents!
The junior class parents are this year's winners of the Foundation's annual fund parent competition! To celebrate, the Class of 2022 will be getting a sweet treat from the Foundation to kick off their senior year in the fall. Here are the final totals:
Class of 2021: 29%
Class of 2022: 35%
Class of 2023: 30%
Class of 2024: 29%
Thanks to everyone who donated! If you missed out, you can still support MLWGS.
Give a Timeless Gift to Your Grad!
There's still time to purchase an inscribed paver for your grad-to-be! (Have multiple Dragons? You can include them all on one paver!) Inscribed MLWGS pavers are a great graduation gift from parents, grandparents, anyone trying to find a special and lasting gift. You can purchase a bluestone paver for inside the school lobby or a brick paver to be placed on the Lombardy Street walkway. All donated funds beyond the cost of the engraving are tax-deductible.
Orders must be received by Thursday, July 1. The cost is:
- $500 for an exterior brick pavers (up to 3 lines of text with 13 characters/spaces per line)
- $1,000 for a bluestone lobby paver (up to 3 lines of text with 13 characters/spaces per line)
Boys Tennis Team Is State Runner-Up
Congratulations to the 2021 boys tennis team members:
- Ethan Choe (Goochland, 2024)
- Ace Heyming (Richmond, 2024)
- Rehaan Jain (Chesterfield, 2024)
- Ronit Jain (Henrico, 2022)
- Michael Kish (Henrico, 2022)
- Jacob Lee (Chesterfield, 2021)
- Rowan Mueller (Chesterfield, 2024)
- Akshay Pappu (Henrico, 2023)
- Andrew Park (Prince George, 2022)
- Alex Percey (Henrico, 2024)
- Christian Walsh (Chesterfield, 2023)
- Carson Wang (Henrico, 2023)
- Alan Watts (Richmond, 2022)
- Francesco Wells (Hanover, 2024)
Special thanks to Coaches Jennifer Todd and Tom Quesenbery for a great season!
Have a Safe and Happy Summer!
Thanks to Kimberly Lee (Chesterfield, Megan Lee '18, and Jacob Lee '21), who has served as one of our Smoke and Scales editors for the last four years. We will miss her and wish her the best!
Next semester we will no longer use Blogger for Smoke & Scales, but will fully transition to the PTBoard platform that we have been testing since the beginning of 2021. Your back-to-school packets will have more information about signing up to receive the weekly email, and you will still be able to view the news online there.
From your co-editors:
Laura Goodman (Charlie Goodman '23, Chesterfield) and Maggi Tinsley (Betsy Tinsley, '23, Richmond)